Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Update #003

So, I have about an hour to kill before work. The last seven days, I've been having massive difficulties with all things sleep related. Falling asleep has been nearly impossible. Staying asleep has been entirely impossible. Luckily, I view it as more time to write, read, and finish Battlestar Galactica (which has become my favorite sci-fi ever).

The novel is coming along nicely. It's more work than I ever imagined it would be. Interestingly enough, I've actually enjoyed ever second of it. Even the late nights spent scrutinizing every word have found a special place in my heart. This book is my baby. Raising it is my priority. I cannot wait to see it in print (it will happen, failure is not an option). However, staying on task is difficult. I have quite a few ideas on deck.

One of the ideas will come to fruition soon, and on this very blog, no less. Needing a break from the dark (read: depressing) tone and themes of my novel, I have decided to embark on something a bit more out there. The literary world is sorely lacking original superheroes. It's something I have been thinking about doing for quite sometime. Next Friday will be the début of an episodic piece following the trials and tribulations of a college student who through a series of bizarre events develops superpowers. Hopefully, it will be enjoyable for everyone involved (that means you, non-existent reader).

In other news, after a vicious internal debate, I have decided to nix the Song of the Day portion of the blog. Instead, every Wednesday, I will be showcasing an Album of the Week. Every week, I will select an album (both new and old), and write a brief song-by-song review. My aim is to move away from the meandering of my earlier posts to something resembling a scenic route to the gas station to buy a pack of smokes.

Which leaves Mondays...

Mondays I will do my very best to summarize the prior week's important news story. Keep in mind, this will not be unbiased in anyway. I have every intention of editorializing, if only to stir up controversy.

This schedule will keep me writing constantly, which is fine by me, and I'm sure that throughout the week I will post rants, film reviews, and other random shit.

To those out there who actually check this shit from time to time, thank you. If you see something you like, share it. If you hate it, disagree, or find it offensive, take it to the comments section; I will be happy to tell you how you're wrong.

Well, I need to hop in the shower, so that I may engage in wage slavery. Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment